There has been a pub on the site since around 1360 and the present timber-frame building is believed to date from around 1650 and is Grade II listed. Inside there are exposed wooden beams and low ceilings. Despite the numerous horse brasses, the interior is quite modern. At weekends, food is available in the afternoons – useful for the many ramblers who go there – but not on Sunday evenings. Tuesdays. Fridays and Saturday afternoons see lobe music.